- Policies & Procedures
- CANVAS Login or HELP
- Music Boosters (IMPA)
- Documents & Forms
- Finance Office
- MVLA District School Calendar 22-23
- MVHS Tech Tips
- Parent/Student Handbook
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Executive Board
- Join or Donate to the PTSA
- What We Fund
- Committee Chairs
- PTSA Budget 2021-2022
- PTSA Documents
- COVID-19: Resources for Those in Need
- Carbon Free Commute
- Grad Night Information
- Spartans PAUSE Student Wellness
- Incoming Students and Families
- LA-MV PTA Council
Carbon Free Commute
Helping Planet Earth
Helping Planet Earth
MVHS Carbon-Free Commute
MVHS Carbon-Free Commute is dedicated to helping and encouraging everyone in the MVHS community get to school in a fun, healthy and environmentally-friendly way. The program puts on such events as free bike-light distribution and hot chocolate for all carbon-free commuters on a cold winter day. And it celebrates Earth Day and Bike to Work Day.
The Carbon-Free Commute organizers collaborate with the MVHS Environmental Club and other groups on various activities. The website is updated with information about transportation options, useful tips, student-produced videos, maps and more.
Volunteers are especially welcome. Come and join the team. It takes very little time and even if you can volunteer just once, it would be hugely appreciated. Ready to volunteer? Or have questions? Email the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Should You Care?
- Help minimize carbon and other pollutants in our community
- Help reduce automobile congestion around our campus
- Normalize daily activity so that students can get started on a life-long habit of fitness
- Instill a sense of self-reliance and independence in students
- Help reduce parking requirements at the school
- Morning activity is a great way for students to better concentrate and be successful academically
What Does the Program Do?
- It provides information about carbon-free commuting options
- It promotes bike and pedestrian safety
- It serves as an advocate for bike lanes and safe streets that encourage walking and biking to school
- Organizers help everyone in whatever way they can!