- Join or Donate to the PTSA
- COVID-19: Resources for Those in Need
- PTSA Budget 2019-2020
- Carbon Free Commute
- Spartans PAUSE Student Wellness
- Executive Board
- What We Fund
- Committee Chairs
- PTSA Documents
- LA-MV PTA Council
- Grad Night Information
- Policies & Procedures
- Back to School Prep
- Documents & Forms
- Parents Teacher Conference
- Parent & Student Handbook
- School Map
- Shadowing @ MVHS
The following guidelines help promote a quality learning environment. Attire that distracts from the educational goals of the school is not permitted. Therefore, a student’s dress must be appropriate for the classroom and for any activity in which he or she participates. Styles of dress that present a health or safety hazard to the student or other students or are distracting and offensive to other students and faculty or are disruptive to the educational process are not allowed.
- Clothing that in any manner, displays profanity, alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs including those with inappropriate double entendre will not be permitted.
- Attire that features offensive and/or vulgar words, pictures, gestures, or drawings that name, advertise, or promote sexually related products or activities is not permitted.
- Attire that includes words, phrases, or pictures that are derogatory to one’s ethnic background, national origin, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, or disability is not permitted.
- Attire that is backless or strapless is not permitted.
- Attire that exposes an inappropriate amount of cleavage, midriff or thigh is not permitted.*
- Footwear must be worn on campus at all times.
- Attire, articles of clothing, or adornments determined by Administration and/or the Police departments that identify affiliation to any organization, group, associated with, or reputed to be involved in criminal activity is not permitted.
- Undergarments (with the exception of bra straps) must not be exposed.
*(What constitutes a reasonable or inappropriate amount is left to the discretion of the MVHS Administration. Violations of the dress code will be dealt with inaccordance with the MVHS Discipline Plan.)
- First Offense: Sent to A.P., change clothing, confiscate item.
- Second Offense: Sent to A.P. for parent contact, change clothing, confiscate item.
Consequences accumulate over the year.