Want to build your MVHS 4-year plan?
- Make a copy of this 4-year plan worksheet and share it (with commenting rights) with your counselor and trusted adults.
- Use the course registration materials to map out your path here. Remember, you are growing and learning every day, so you're allowed to change your mind later!
Recording of Junior Parent Night by Topic:
College Application Process
- Attend the student presentation Fall 2023.
- Review your transcript to make sure it is correct.
- Submit all outside course transcripts to the registrar no later than SEPTEMBER 8.
- Create your college list. Make an appointment with your CCC counselor as needed.
- Attend CCC workshops: There are many resources available to you, including college rep visits and workshops!
Deadlines & Actionables
- Attend your senior meeting with your counselor.
- Complete and submit the college counselor envelope ON TIME.
- September 8: for early action/early decision/rolling
- October 2: for regular decision
- Envelope actionables items here (click me!)
- Submit your applications on time with required materials. Order test score reports for colleges that require SAT or ACT.
- Complete the FAFSA, Dream Act, or the Opt-Out Form this year. When applying for FAFSA/Dream Act, apply for the 2023-2024 Application.
Stay The Course
- Maintain your grades and coursework.
- Check your email frequently for updates and requirements from colleges.
- Apply for scholarships.
- Register for community college (if applicable) in the spring.
- Commit (SIR) to a college (if applicable) by May 1.
- Order final transcript (including transcripts for outside courses) to be sent to your attending college.
Resources and How-To's
General College Application Support Materials
Incoming 9th Graders
Hello and welcome to MVHS! We are looking forward to welcoming the class of 2027 to the Spartan family! Please browse our website for many helpful resources and answers to your questions. Please note that counselors are attending to the needs of our current students and families, so we are unable to accommodate meeting requests for students who do not yet attend MVHS. However, you are welcome to send us questions via email which we will be happy to answer.
Incoming 9th Grade Course Selection Resources